Important - Coronavirus update
Last updated: 19th March 2021
- The EduCamp program (including the summer camp and homestay tutor options) is still open for 2021 applications and we are hopeful that the program will be able to take place this year.
- The placement matching process (stage 4) for successful applicants is currently paused until we have further details on which camps will be going ahead, to reduce the impact of any individual placement cancellations.
- Current applicants are strongly encouraged to continue with the application process, to ensure you are ready to be quickly matched with a placement once the placement matching stage reopens.
- A final decision as to whether or not summer departure (June – August) placements will go ahead will be made by the 31st May 2021 at the latest.
- If the program is cancelled, all applicants who requested a summer departure will be provided with the choice between a full refund of your deposit or program fee, or a deferred place for 2022.
- If the program is going ahead but you are unable to participate due to coronavirus related travel restrictions (including vaccination or quarantine requirements), you will be offered the choice between a full refund of your deposit or program fee, or a deferred place for 2022.
- If you wish to withdraw voluntarily from the summer 2021 program before a final decision is made by Abridge Academy, you are not eligible for a deposit refund. However, you may instead request to defer your place until summer 2022 while keeping your deposit in place.
- We are continually monitoring official updates, FCO advice and notices from local authorities and emphasise that your safety is our number one priority.
World Health Organisation – Novel Coronavirus information
Please note that this has been written after careful review of official announcements and statistics. However, we do not claim to be medical experts – this does not constitute formal advice but just sets out Abridge Academy’s position on the situation. Participants accept full responsibility for making an informed decision as to whether or not to participate. You should always ensure that you have suitable travel and medical insurance covering your time abroad.