This online course is designed to provide core training in English language teaching as well as recognising a minimum of 30 hours of classroom teaching experience, usually gained through our EduCamp program or similar summer camp teaching programs.
The online course will cover topics such as:
- Communicative Language Teaching
- Content and Language Integrated Learning
- Lesson Planning
- Teaching Speaking, Listening, Reading, Writing, Vocabulary, Grammar and Culture
- Planning a Sequence of Lessons
- Classroom Management
Additionally, you will gain access to our bank of suggested lesson activities and games, as well as a collection of example lesson plans and resources.
Although this course was initially created as training for our EduCamp program, for those interested in other countries or not selected for our program, we also provide a list of alternative opportunities – the majority free for volunteers. You would also be welcome to source your own classroom experience, although we highly recommend contacting us first to check that it would provide an appropriate level and quantity of English teaching experience.
- Acceptance onto the Abridge EduCamp, Abridge EduCare or pre-approved partner program
- Minimum upper intermediate level of English (usually a native speaker or non-native speaker with experience studying/ working in an English speaking environment – if you are unsure, please contact us for an informal language assessment before purchasing)
- Completed high school, including pass grades in English language (or equivalent for your native language) and a foreign language
- Willing to undertake a minimum 30 hour TEFL practicum including at least 6 observed and assessed teaching hours (we can provide some recommendations on how to apply for this)
If you are unsure if you meet these entry requirements, please do contact us before enrolling on the course. We are able to conduct informal language assessments and take into account any relevant professional experience where appropriate.
Communicative Language Teaching
Content and Language Integrated Learning
Teaching Speaking, Listening, Reading, Writing, Vocabulary, Grammar and Culture
Advanced Lesson Planning
0.00 average based on 0 ratings