Worried about how to fund your summer or gap year trip? We’re excited to announce this exclusive full scholarship for the long-term EduCare program! But hurry, the deadline is the 31st July 2019!
The long-term EduCare program provides participants with a fully immersive cultural exchange and language learning experience! You will spend 2-12 months staying with a local family, learning Chinese while teaching English.
- Free Chinese classes
- Free cultural activities
- Free city tour
- Free accommodation
- Free TEFL course
- 1500 RMB/ month allowanceIn return, you will be required to help the child of your host family learn English as well as assist with light childcare duties. Au pairs in China tend to focus more on English tutoring, with very little housework or babysitting.
While the standard long-term EduCare program is very well funded, covering all in-country costs, scholars will also receive free flight tickets! *Eligibility criteria and a competitive application process apply (see below for details).
You’ll need to hurry, as there are only three scholarship places available and the deadline is the 31st July 2019!
We hope that this scholarship enables even more students and young people to participate in the EduCare program. It is offered as part of our outreach efforts, in line with our mission statement as a social enterprise.
Scholarship places are competitive and the following eligibility criteria apply (in addition to the standard EduCare program requirements):
- UK citizens with a UK passport
- Minimum stay of 9 weeks
- Apply before 31st July 2019
- Arrive in China before 31st December 2019
- Willing to complete 5 marketing activities during your time on the programAll applicants who meet these criteria will automatically be considered for the scholarship.